This qualification can lead to a number of rewarding careers in the NHS, research, fitness or health.
Graduates will be able to confidently participate in the academic community through discussion and debate; adopt an evidence based approach to health and wellbeing; present at workplace meetings, conferences and publish work in relevant journals.
Upon graduation from the full MSc Applied Exercise for Health students can expect to gain working roles within the following fields:
- Academic roles/PhD studies.
- Leadership roles in the Health and Fitness industry.
- Developing specialist programmes for obese children via GP practice.
- Working and developing programme for people post heart attack (GP referral clinic).
- Working with people in respiratory rehabilitation programmes.
- Public Health setting (national/internationall)
Examples of positions graduates have progressed to:
- Physical activity manager for Mental Health Trust
- Started own wellbeing and coaching business/company
- Physical Education teacher in independent school
- Health and Wellness advisor at City Bank
- Falls prevention advisor at NHS Trust
- Working for charity as facilitator for physical activity with children with disability
- Working in leisure industry on GP referral schemes
- Working as exercise professionals in NHS outlets
Last Updated: Thursday, 08 October 2015 16:28